Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pinterest Interest: Initial Wreath

On my Pinterest account I have an entire board dedicated to wreaths. I love them! I am just now getting into making them and have found that this new hobby is really fun. Every time I pull in my driveway and walk up my steps to our front door, I get a little bubble of joy. I say to Ryan "Look at our wreath! Isn't it pretty?!"

This design idea was inspired from the blog Broken Treasures . She has got some great ideas and tutorials. This is my take on her beautiful Initial Wreath. 



I started with a pressed board letter that I found at Hobby Lobby, some yarn that I had left over from a scarf I had perviously made and a glue gun. (A crafters best friend!)



I took my yarn and started wrapping my "S" and used my glue gun to help keep it in place as I moved along. The ends were a little tricky, but I just glued and made a long zig zag pattern up and down the end and it worked great.


Once I got it all wrapped and looking wonderful. I added some decorative pieces that I found at Michael's. Some red and yellow/green foam berries, a felt flower, and an amber gem that I glued to the center of my flower. I then glued down all these pieces to my "S".


Then to finish it off, I added some sheer ribbon that matched my yarn to hang my initial wreath on the door.

Happy Wreathing!

Coming Soon! While I was at Michael's I also got some other stuff to make a grape vine wreath that I'm really excited about!

2 comments: